Apprenticeships & NVQs
Level 2 QCF Certificate in Driving Goods Vehicles
Duration: Approx 6 months.
Any qualified person working as an LGV driver.
To gain a QCF Certificate in Driving Goods Vehicles. QCFs are a measure of competence and skills level. They are delivered and assessed in the work place.
The QCF Certificate is broken down into 4 pathways. Candidate will chose the pathway that is relevant to the vehicle they drive:
Pathway 1: Motor Cycle / Pedal Cycle
Pathway 2: Van
Pathway 3: Rigid Vehicle
Pathway 4: Articulated or Drawbar Vehicle
The candidate is requires to complete 5 mandatory level 2 units and 4 optional units:
- Prepare the vehicle for driving
- Protect the vehicle and the load
- Operate and monitor the vehicle systems
- Manoeuvre the vehicle in restricted spaces
- Obtain information on the collection and/or delivery of loads
- Drive the vehcile on public roads in a safe and fuel efficient manner
- Load the vehicle correctly
- Unload the vehicle correctly
- Plan the route and timings for the collection and delivery of goods
Please contact us for details of available dates